Family Services Manager
Becoming part of the Habitat Family
Applicants must submit Resume with Cover letter to John Montoya, Executive Director, through email. Click here to inquiry. John@hfhdentoncounty.org
This position is responsible for qualifying potential families, managing mortgage accounts, insurance, taxes and implementing education workshops to publicize to the local community. This manager will be in consistent communication with the Executive Director, Family Services Committee, Accounting Firm, as well as working with families of all walks of life on a regular basis. Therefore, a pleasant and professional attitude an essential quality.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Social Sciences, (i.e. Social Work, Psychology), or related field. Experience in real estate and/or affordable housing non-profit is highly preferred.
- Team player, receptive and responsive
- PC proficiency, including Microsoft office and/or MAC
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, organized
- Willing to learn HFH processes and policies in grant submittals, finance process, budgeting, family selection/support, volunteer coordination, fund raising and ReStore business
- Commitment to affordable housing and mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Develop, implement, and manage programs, procedures and policies regarding Habitat Family Programs including family selection and family support
- Manage and monitor Habitat Homeowner mortgages, insurance and taxes, (track payment history and delinquencies for immediate plan of action)
- Work closely with the accountant on mortgage information to ensure the books have been properly reconciled
- Develop schedules and work plans that support the strategic goals of the board
- Act as a staff liaison with the Family Selection/Support Committee to ensure that the process practices adhere to the Habitat International and the affiliate’s guidelines.
- Document and oversee Habitat Partner Family progress in meeting program requirements, including, but not limited to: earning sweat equity hours, attending workshops, paying commitment funds, completing “closing” tasks, etc.
- Work closely with the title company, attorney, etc. to ensure the necessary paperwork is ordered and sent to them in a timely manner for a home closing
- Function as an advocate on behalf of the homeowners, both in terms of resolving conflict and eliminating any misconceptions
- Maintain referral resources for families and assist with development of case management action plans, as needed
- Recruit and organize volunteers to translate vital documentation into Spanish
- Maintain and manage electronic and hard copy files and information of all Habitat Homeowners and applicants and ensure it is all organized and current
- Work with the ReStore committee to drive their marketing and business development processes
- Work with the Build committee and Family Sponsor to ensure the family needs and schedules are “in sync” during the home builds
- Communicate effectively with the Executive Director, all board and committee members
- Backup the Executive Director during absences – utilize the front desk receptionist, as needed
- Adhere to all policies and procedures in the Employee Manual Handbook
NOTE: The above list of duties while specific to the position is not exhaustive. Therefore, it is possible that responsibilities of the position may change as deemed necessary by the Executive Director.